12.12.11

Pocket memory

Last weekend I went to Berlin. In my pockets I had sewed two memories two friends had shared with me. In my trouser pocket "sea all around me, I can't reach the beach". In the pocket of my coat "my father's hands". I walked around for two days. I could feel the memories in my pockets.

Two possible ideas:
1. Donate a memory in exchange for another memory!
Write a memory down and bring it to me in my temporary office at the City Archive. Bring a piece of clothing with at least one pocket (a pair of trousers, a jacket, whatever you want as long as it has a pocket) and leave it with me. In exchange for your memory I will embroider somebody else’s memory on the inside of your pocket.
When you get the piece of clothing back, the pocket will carry the “Memory Pocket” label on the outside. The memory will be safely stored on the inside. The pocket will be sewed up, it is up to you if you open it and read the memory, open it and use the pocket but not read the memory or leave it closed.
2. Donate a memory!
Write a memory down and bring it to me in my temporary office at the City Archive or mail it to me. I will sew all the memories on the inside of a suit. I will wear the suit and go on a journey (where and why?)